Sunday, June 8, 2008

I <3 WeHo dykes

i came to the door after riding home from work today, and as i'm dragging nimbus up the stairs i notice a small black object between the screen and the door. i kneel down to pick it up and as soon as i see the crooked "hugo boss" lettering my heart kick flips, ollies and grinds. i spend the next hour racking my brains to figure out what kind of guardian goddess brought my wallet back to me with all parts intact, minus the cash. all cards have my phx address listed except for the l.a. public library card, but would someone really go through the trouble of calling the library to figure out my address? long story slightly shorter, my downstairs neighbors found the wallet and the landlord recognized me and dropped it off. looks like someone is getting a six pack thank you prezzie from a lezzie tomorrow.

the stork's gift came just in time to catch the tail end of pride, which was still in full swing on sunday night. the abby had a cirque de soleil theme with acrobats and wall to wall gays. i caught a glimps of gregg the trainer from work out and yelled his name. he turned around and searched my face, politely trying to recall where he knew me from. "oh... you don't know me. i just watch work out... a lot," i admitted. he gave me a hug and i moved on only to see mimi, jackie's ex from work out, dating a slightly less hot version jackie circa season 1 (back when she still had the shirt dykey hair). i'm getting low on psuedo celebs from work out that i can still run into, but i'm holding out for rebecca.

listening to: blanco by ana laan

3 comments:

susannah said...

Very exciting news about your wallet :) Also, I would like to comment on your poll. The current leader is the sole result of wishful thinking on your readers.

From Womb to Tomb said...

untrue! i hear the celesbian gossip at the feminist mag, and word on the street is kate loves the home depot

susannah said...

Almost a month? Really, I need to laugh. Get blogging!